The Chronicles of a Pound Puppy

Friday, September 7, 2007

Day Two: Still a little wary

Bear9.7.06

We are definitely still in the honeymoon phase with Bear. He sticks to me like glue. Gets bothered if he can't see what I'm doing. Which is good, since he's not house trained. It's easy to keep him in my sight all the time because, well, he's right under me all the time.

I took him to the high school this morning. It's a 6 minute drive. I want him to be trained to ride in the car. I don't think he's going to have trouble, though. Wednesday he rode pretty much all afternoon in the car as we went from Lancaster back to school to pick up the guys and then on up to the vet to be de-loused. And then the ride home. He did throw up in the car, but he'd been there for about 90 minutes, riding around before he did that. It was easy for me to forgive him, too. He's a puppy.

Besides. It wasn't my car. It was Nate's!

So anyway, he went with me to school to get Nate's parking permit for his car. He charmed the socks off the principal and a staff member. And did not cry in the car. Crying is not tolerated. I'm glad I'm able to take him around with me. My parent's dog cries in the car, which really adds a lot of stress to trips. If this dog is going to travel with us and go on outings, he needs to be portable.

No comments:

Blog Archive